Christmas Special: Vegan Cheese Fondue
Cheese-fondue, a classic dish often enjoyed in winter, is usually made with a variety of Swiss cheeses. With cheese as the star of the show, it seems nearly impossible to have a vegan version of this dish, right? Think again. Thanks to the brand Vegusto, the manufacturer of the Swiss No-Muh vegan cheeses, it is not only possible, it even tastes amazing! Vegusto sells a product specially made for this, called Due, but did you know it’s also easy and fun to make it yourself using the No-Muh Melty? In this recipe, we show you how to make your own fondue and give you some nice ideas for dippers. Enjoy!
Ingredients for 4 people:
For the fondue:
- 2 packs of No-Muh Melty (total of 800 gram)
- 0,5-liter vegan white wine (dry)
- 1 whole garlic bulb
- Salt and pepper
- Brussels sprouts
- cherry tomatoes
- French baguette
- anything else you like to dip, like fried mushrooms, grapes, celery sticks etc.
- Preheat your oven to 200 degrees Celsius. Clean the Brussels sprouts and toss them in some olive oil and sea salt. Roast them in an oven dish for about 20 minutes, or until golden brown. Move them around a bit, halfway through. At the same time, you roast the whole bulb of garlic on a separate tray, not using any oil.
- Cut the end of the chicory and peel of the leaves. Clean the radishes. Wash the tomatoes. Cut the bread. Take the Brussels sprouts from the oven. Put all dippers in separate bowls.
- On a low heat, melt chunks of the No-Muh melty with about a cup of water. Add the desired amount of white wine. Take the garlic bulb from the oven. Squeeze the cloves above the pan. The cloves have turned into a gooey garlic puree now. Keep stirring. Add more wine, salt, and pepper to taste.
- Pour the warm mixture into a fondue set so it stays warm on the table and enjoy the dipping!
For more easy, yet delicious, recipe ideas head over to the Vegabond recipe blog and find a few of our new favorites there. We update the blog every week with one new recipe and you can expect to see guest posts by bloggers, influencers, Vegabond-Community members and our staff there. If you are missing anything or got a question, let us know!
Seductive Salted Caramel Layer Cake Let’s face it, this cake is loaded with calories but totally irresistible. Deep, buttery, brown sugar based cake has layers of salted caramel oozing between each bite and a rich caramel buttercream. This gorgeous cake is an...
Pumpkin soup with a Caribbean touch Who doesn't love a good old pumpkin soup? We certainly do! Pumpkins are rich in vitamin A, C, E, B6, B11, and minerals like potassium, calcium, magnesium, and iron. Pumpkin also happens to be low in calories, so perfect...
Filled Speculaas ( Speculaas recipe by Sascha from Zoete Koek. also check out her Instagram) Tonight is the night Sinterklaas will bring presents to the homes of excited children who can’t wait to discover what this year's gifts will be. And with this...